Friday, 26 February 2016

CATRICE ALLROUND CONTOURING PALETTE REVIEW

Hello guys!


Catrice came out with a lot of new products this month and among all of them the cream contouring palette was the one that really caught my attention so of course I grabbed it immediately and ran to the cash register (I mean it is only 4,69€ which is great for a palette like this).

The packaging is made out of clear plastic so you can see contouring shades without opening it and is also really nice, doesn't feel cheap at all (I think that all Catrice packagings are very good for a drugstore price). On the back are instructions on where to use each shade. 

 

You get five different shades. Two matt contours, two matt highlighting shades and one shimmery highlight. They are quite small so you can't really put a brush in them but that doesn't bother me because I apply them on my face with fingers and them blend with a brush or fingers.  You can also apply powders over them.


These shades are very creamy and easy to blend. The contouring shades are a bit sheer (which is great for me because that allows you to build up your contour) and the highlighting shades are very nicely pigmented not sheer at all. 


MATT CONTOURING SHADES

Left-contour shade    Right-bronzing shade

The first one (also the first one in the palette from left) is a gorgeous cold, slightly ashy brown. I never found a more perfect shade to contour with in the drugstore before, because they are usually too warm or too orange and this one is not at all. I use it underneath my cheek bones because this is the only area on my face that I like to contour.

And the second is a warm (but not orange at all), quite dark brown shade. I use it for bronzing. I apply it on my forehead and a little bit under my chin. It is also a great shade just like the first one.

Top-bronzing shade     Bottom-contour shade



MATT HIGHLIGHTING SHADES

Left-pinky highlight      Right-yellow highlight

The first highlighting shade has a pinky undertone so is great for everybody with a pink undertone of their skin. It's very highlighting because it is quite a light shade. 

The next matt highlight has a yellow undertone and this one works better for me than the first one. I use it to highlight around my nose and on my chin. 

I usually don't use these types of highlights (I prefer liquidy concealers and highlights) because they do cake up underneath my eyes and these two do that and they also get into the fine lines around my eyes. That is why they are my least favourite shades from this palette.

  Top-yellow highlight    Bottom-pinky highlight


SHIMMERY HIGHLIGHT SHADE


I didn't expect a lot from this shade because I thought it's going to have chunky glitter in it but I was very wrong. It gives a beautiful shimmery shine to the cheeks and is not chunky at all. It is an amazing everyday highlighting shade because it's not too intense. I apply it with my fingers. I don't rub in on my skin because if you do, you rub the colour away and only shimmer is left on your skin, so I gently pat it on my cheekbones.  



All in all I really like this palette and I think is definitely worth a try.



That is it for this blog post. Hope you liked it and thank you for visiting my blog.




2 comments:

  1. Tole pa izgleda kar carsko! :)

    Moram preizkusiti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja meni je res super :D razen teh dveh matt korektorjev drgače je pa krasna :D

      Delete